Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winter Blahs


Unfortunately it is not that easy for us humans during the winter months.  Weather and darkness have set my momentum back some and I am trying to look on the bright side.  Here are the challenges and accomplishments of winter so far:

CON: Snow has either closed or severely prevented my ability to get to the gym for over 2 weeks.
PRO: I have made the effort on the days I could and got in efficient and productive workouts.

CON: I crave carbs and sugar almost constantly in a survivalist desire to stay warm.
PRO: Even if what I am eating isn't the healthiest it is homemade and not processed.

CON: The numbers on the scale are ticking down slower.
PRO: So far they are not ticking up.

It has been an insane couple of weeks in the Boston area and while it seems like an eternity it really has only been a couple of weeks.  Winter shows no sign of letting up though so I have to learn how to take advantage of the clear days when I can and keep the food to acceptable amounts on the days I am trapped inside.

Anyone have any good tips for getting through the winter blues?

2 comments:

  1. If only that trick would work on me too! I love your approach - focus on the positive, and keep plugging ahead. Having the threat of no gyms some days is definitely getting my butt there more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hardly been getting to the gym at all and I'm now eating everything in sight, and then looking around for more. So I'm no help! It's disheartening to spend time and energy to form healthy habits, only to have them blown away with the snowstorms.

    ReplyDelete