Sunday, November 2, 2014

Small Victories

First of all, my apologies for the lag time between posts.  This is a particularly crazy time at work and I am reading War & Peace, spare time is slim.

I needed to post today though to report something of note:  I bought NO Halloween candy this year, none.  Not a single bag.

Now before you accuse me of being some child-hating non-American, I don't get trick or treaters in my 3rd floor apartment with the security doors.  Every bag of Halloween candy I have ever bought has been for me.

Last year, as the Boston Red Sox marched towards the World Series Championship, I had lots of baseball-watching gatherings in October and for each I bought a big bag of Halloween candy.  I probably bought 10 or 12 bags last year.  This year...NONE.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is not easy to resist the siren call of seasonal candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up on your posts. Even small victories should be celebrated, and I think this is a pretty big one. The smell of chocolate in the stores during Halloween time is pretty tough to resist.

    ReplyDelete