Thursday, December 4, 2014

On the Road Again


So I survived Thanksgiving!  More than survived actually, I had a great week.  I didn't feel I deprived myself of anything and balanced the delicious food with time in the gym and managed to lose a couple pounds over the past 2 weeks.

My next challenge hits on Monday when I head on a short business trip.  I used to travel a ton for work and that frequency has greatly diminished.  I hope my bad travel habits diminished as well.

If you travel for work you know what I am talking about.  Routine goes out the window, food and booze are abundant and ducking out of a gathering to work out is rude or even a bad career move.  Meals are much larger than normal too, who eats dessert with lunch? Hotel gyms are usually small and not motivating.

Add to that the fact that this trip has been touted as "jam-packed with events" and I am nervous. There is no pre-published agenda.  I don't know what I am walking in to.  The best I can do is walk in prepared.

I have already packed my gym clothes and sneakers.  I plan to stock my carry on with protein bars, fruit and almonds. I am going to stick to 1 glass of red wine at the evening events and try to set my alarm early enough to get a work out in at least 2 days.

Anyone else have any travel tips for the health conscious?  Please leave a comment below, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment