Thursday, August 7, 2014

Motion: Lace Up Your Kicks


So yesterday was a bit of a disaster.  Food-wise. Motion-wise. Breathing was about all I was capable of yesterday and even that got a little sketchy around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Set backs happen, I know this, and the very best thing you can do is rebound the next day.  I have rebounded into a beautiful sunny day with several tasks ahead of me sure to keep me in motion.  Just to insure that I sneak in as much movement as possible I put my sneakers on first thing.

Those of you that know me know that I work from home.  I rarely work in my pajamas, but I often work in very casual clothes and flip flops, it is my uniform.  This morning I purposefully put on decent workout wear and my sneakers right away, before I looked up and noticed it was 4:00 pm and I had barely moved from my desk.

Having my sneakers on makes taking a quick spin around the block possible at any moment and came in handy when the fire alarm went off earlier.  I know not everyone can wear sneakers at work, but hopefully your work shoes are comfortable enough for a little lunch time stroll on a day like today and maybe try out the sneaker thing on the weekend.

Bad news though, my current sneakers are giving me blisters.  I am shopping for new ones, any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. That trick always works for me. Already being dressed for activity before I've had a chance to talk myself out of it gets me going on the days when it's hard to motivate myself. As for the shoes... Ouch! You really have to try a bunch to see what works for your foot, but the many versions of the Nike Free line can be really comfy. Happy shoe shopping!

    ReplyDelete