Sunday, August 3, 2014

Motivation! All I've Ever Needed...



At 4:00 yesterday afternoon, on a gray gloomy Saturday in Boston, my FitBit told me I had walked a grand total of 269 steps.  Despite the great desire to return to the couch, pick up my knitting in one hand and the remote control in the other, I threw on some gym clothes and my sneakers and took a 7,000 step walk.

The FitBit did not inform me of anything I didn't already know. I had managed to watch 3 movies while eating pancakes, knitting and chipping my nail polish off all day.  I knew I hadn't moved, but somehow the fact that the FitBit knew it too motivated me to do something about it.

#40DaysofFitness is a struggle.  I am not a gym goer at the moment (hate my gym finding a new one).  My favorite things to do are read and knit and I can't knit fast enough to get my heart rate up.

I did have an easier time on vacation where I spent about 30% of my day swimming and am happy to report that after eating everything I wanted I came back only a pound up from when I left and still down for the month of July.  This gray weekend at home has sapped my motivation though, thank God FitBit is keeping an eye on me!

What motivates you to work out?  What about when you are alone, on the road or live alone like I do, how do you find accountability when there is no one to be accountable to?

No comments:

Post a Comment