Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wrap Up: 40 Days of Fitness


So tomorrow marks the end of 40 Days of Fitness (which means I have been 40 for 40 days, yikes!) and I thought I would look back and see what I achieved in 40 Days.

When I came up with the 40 Days idea I really imagined it more as a day by day log of what I had done, but I see it more now as a way to focus on a couple of things during my fairly busy life, to set priorities and form good habits.  As a result, the end of 40 Days of Fitness does not mean I can go back to sitting on the couch for hours on end, it was merely a jumping off point.

Did I exercise every single day, no?  Did I think about it and plan my activity better?  Absolutely!  Here is what I have accomplished:

  • Bought a Fitbit to help track movement and have averaged over 8,000 steps a day with that avg going up in the past 2 weeks to over 12,000 steps a day.

  • Broke up with my old useless gym and found and joined my fabulous new gym where I have consistently worked out at least 4 times a week for the past couple weeks, including lots of swimming and a regular Zumba class.

  • Improved my endurance.  I can walk and swim farther faster than I could 40 days ago.  True confession:  a walk to the library that I used to do without thinking about it had necessitated a break in the middle 40 days ago. Now I am back to an acceptable pace and I don't even think about stopping.

  • Lost 15 pounds.  While weight loss is not my ONLY goal, it is one of them and it is the easiest to measure.
All in all a pretty good 40 Days!  Anyone have an idea for another 40 Day challenge?  I still need a few more to round out my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment