Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Make Healthy Memories


We tend to focus on bad habits, but habits can be a very very good thing.  By starting this blog and my healthier lifestyle with my 40 Day Challenges in Exercise and Veggies I really built some good habits that I have managed to maintain for over 5 months and helped get me through the holidays.

Sticking to a gym routine that has organized landmarks in it, like a regularly scheduled class or a repeated block of pool time, allows me to have healthy memories that make planning the next week very easy.  When I think, "what did I do last Tuesday night?" the answer is always the same, I went to Zumba.

Same with food, when I think back about what I ate for the past 5 months, most of it was healthy so coming up with a healthy idea for dinner isn't nearly as hard as it used to be.

You have to find a balance between routine and a rut, you don't want to make everything so predictable you get bored and stop, but a few solid habits will keep you going.  Do you have healthy habits that keep you on track?  Please share them in the comments, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment