Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Where's My...?: 40 Days of Organizing


Up to now this blog has really focused on exercise and food (and subsequently so has my life), but it is Back to School time and I thought that would be a great time to start organizing.

The above quote spoke to me as I recently spent hours looking for a couple of things in my rather small one-bedroom city apartment.  If I had been more organized I could have used that wasted time on a workout or several episodes of Game of Thrones.

So today I launch 40 Days of Organizing.  Ironically I had to organize the organizing to have any hope of success.  I compiled a list of 40 things that need organizing.  They range in workload from something I could do in half an hour (a singular messy junk drawer) to longer weekend projects like closets.

I also added some life org to the list, things like organizing my recipes and making a gift idea list for Christmas will help ease me into fall/holiday time.

I don't have kids and I haven't been a full time student since Grad School over a decade ago, but early September always brings with it the desire to buy pencil cases and clean notebooks.  I am going to try and funnel that Back to School spirit into an organized apartment!

Please leave a comment with any great organizing tips, especially for small spaces.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I'm starting tomorrow and will do it with you! Great idea coming up with the lists of things to organize. (And hooray for school supplies!)

    ReplyDelete